Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gingerbread House with a Twist


Just five short days to go!

For the last several years, DD and I have put together a gingerbread house. Except not. You've probably seen the original Redneck Gingerbread house on the Internet, right? Well, we thought it funny and began to make our own.

So this is this year's:


Each year's is a little different from the previous one. The flag is new this year as are the real lights (rather than mini-M&Ms), though only a portion of the string actually lights up. Hopefully I can get them all working at least once and get a picture, but this is it.

One thing that is must though, is G.I. Snow. He started out as a regular old marshmallow snowman, but Sonshine was into G.I. Joes many years ago and somehow G.I. Snow was born.


And no Redneck worth his monster truck would be caught dead without his satellite dish!


And keeping with the redneck theme, here's today's Christmas song. I'll give you a couple to choose from...

Leroy the Redneck Reindeer by Joe Diffie



And the perpetual fave, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Elmo & Patsy.



Do gingerbread houses or cookies even play a part in your holidays?

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Jen, you boggle my mind. How do you get it all done? I know I have the same number of hours in a day and days in a week as you and yet I can't seem to accomplish half of what you do. What's the secret? Do you have a time machine or elves helping or do you never sleep?

Nope, no gingerbread houses for us. Although we did host a Christmas poker party last night.

Jen FitzGerald said...

Christmas poker, how fun!!!!

Well, Regina, I'm sure your house is much cleaner than mine. You clean, I do all this other stuff. :) Plus, I still kids in my house so they help. Especially with the shopping. :)