Saturday, December 22, 2012

Countdown to Christmas


We're almost to the big day! Do you ever reach the point where you're just ready for it all to be over? There's so much to do in a very short time frame. On top of that, for me, is that DH is gone--not that him being gone is a problem, it's just that there are always things for the fireworks store to be done in addition to Christmas preparations. Since the store isn't going to go away or be over, so to speak, and the holiday does, well, I get to feeling that way.

Anywho, let's talk about Christmas cards. I send them. I think I got out of the habit for a few years, but I'm back to doing it. Maybe I'm getting old. Okay, I know I'm getting older, but I'm really missing and lamenting the lack of certain traditions. Christmas lights on almost all the houses being one. Or maybe I'm mis-remembering.

And Christmas cards being another. It seems, by the meager number of cards I received, I think a lot of people no longer send them. Or maybe it's just that I have no friends. Okay, kidding. I know I have friends and that we all can't send cards to everyone we know. But I think next year, I'm going to send out a few more. :) Spread a bit more holiday cheer.

Here is my wall of cards:



Our Christmas song of the day is another classic, O Little Town of Bethlehem by Andre Previn. (another selection from my Time Life Treasury of Christmas)


Do you send Christmas cards? If so, to a small select group or a larger circle of friends and acquaintances? If not, did you ever and why did you stop?

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

I do send Christmas cards. I usually address them in October, write them in November, and mail them the day after Thanksgiving. This year, I was way behind. I bought, address, wrote, and mailed them all a few days ago. Buth there are fewer to send. Many of the older people in my family have passed away in the last few years. So While I used to send about 50, this year I only sent about 30. And while I used to receive about 20, this year I've received about 10. Times and traditions change.

Unknown said...

I send Christmas cards--I always love to get them, so I figure other people do, too! :)