Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Countdown to Christmas


So we put up the tree and decorated it. And now it's time to put the presents under it. And we actually have them. I am almost finished shopping, thank goodness. In a quirk of fate I got my Christmas money early and, with the help of my shopping-loving daughters, almost all of the presents are bought and wrapped. I have a bit of cash left for each of the kids. DD graciously offered to buy her own, but I figured a few of her gifts ought to remain a mystery.

Until the tree was up, the presents sat stacked on the ottoman and spilled over to the dining room table.





As you can see, a few still need to be wrapped, but that'll get done soon.

And here are the presents put where they belong. No, they don't have ribbons and bows as of yet because we'll be hauling them to the store and my mother-in-laws house. We put them on later so they are not smushed in transit.



And today's Christmas song selection is the classic Bing Crosby version of Do You Hear What Hear?


Are you done shopping and wrapping yet?

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

I normally start shopping for Christmas in Ausust or September, finish by October and have everything where it need s to go by Thanksgiving weekend. This year: nada.

I have my list and my money. I just haven't done any actual shopping. I better get moving!

But the house is decorated and the tree is up so I want points for that. :)

Jen FitzGerald said...

Absolutely, points for a decorated house. My decorating is a bit haphazard and the gingerbread house is still a work in progress and pumpkin cupcakes will happen Friday and Monday. And there's still shopping to be done. But it'll come together.