Saturday, December 1, 2012

Countdown to Christmas


And so we begin...

On Advent calendars, you usually open #1 first, but since I'm doing a countdown to Christmas, I'm going to work backwards.

Yesterday, I talked about Advent calendars and I was compelled to run into my Barnes & Noble last night to see if they had some. I had to pick up my daughter from work and B&N is right around the corner from her job, so...)

They had several varieties, including a Charlie Brown one, which I was really tempted to get. Ultimately, I bought the 3-D pop-up one.

And here it is:




Did you ever have an Advent calendar as a child?

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I had an advent calendar one year when I was 14. I was taking German in high school that year, and the teacher was selling them. I don't think it honestly made it until Xmas, though. My dad was alive then, and you did not bring anything chocolate into my house and expect it to survive for 25 days! LOL!

Jen FitzGerald said...

I never did have the kind you could put treats in. Just the paper ones and opening the doors to see the picture behind it.