Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas and other stuff


Other stuff first...

On the 6th, I said I was getting back on the wagon. I'm happy to report that I walked to the post office and back every day last week and Monday and yesterday. It takes 10 minutes round trip, and it's amazing how even just that short amount of time moving my body, getting my blood pumping, and being out in the fresh air and (usually) sunshine makes.

I also ate a healthy salad for lunch every day. I didn't do so well with dinners, but I'm counting calories and I mostly stayed under my allotted number of calories. I haven't weighed in yet, but I'm guessing that after yesterday's eleven-hour marathon at Cowboy Stadium (lots of calorie burning, little calorie intake) I've probably lost the weight I gained. Time to take to to the next level, I suppose, which means getting back to calisthenics each day in addition to the walk.

I know you probably wouldn't think so to look at me or read my blog, but I'm a Trekkie. Not a die hard, wear-costumes-to-movie-premiers, or convention-attending hard core kind of Trekkie, but a Trekkie none the less. I s'pose I must confess that I haven't seen The Original Series in it's entirety, nor seen any of the original movies. Does that tarnish my status?

But I have watched all of The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise, plus watched the 2009 re-boot movie well over a hundred times. (Can I polish my badge back up,now?)

I love, love, love the franchise makeover. Even though I didn't see all of TOS, I've seen enough to know how amazing the casting for the reboot was. I saw the film in the theater as a fluke but went back twice. I read fanfic for it, too. I've even tried writing a bit, but my sci fi skills aren't so great.

And finally, finally, finally the reboot sequel has a title and a date! I'm so excited.


When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew. Written by Paramount Pictures (Blurb pilfered from IMDB)

Sounds awesome, don't you think?

Are you Trek fan? Do you like the reboot??

(today's Countdown to Christmas post in below this one)

No comments: