Monday, December 3, 2012

Captain's Log Supplemental


So last night I worked at Dallas Cowboys Stadium...December 2, right? Why was it still warm outside when we left last night at, oh, 11:30??? I'm not complaining. There's hardly enough room for the bodies in the stand, much less heavy winter coats, but it's December. It should be colder. Crazy.

Breakthrough! Last week, I shared that my friend (and last week's guest) Angi Morgan read my manuscript and made very helpful comments. I was able to get back into the game on this WIP. I'm glad to report that I have cut enough words to drop back under the required 10 to 15K word count for the line I'm targeting. But I still have some in dept revisions to make and the word count is going to push the 15K limit until I hit The End. But I think that's really going to challenge me to choose the right words and make every single one of those bad boys count.

The only constant is change...which I really don't like. Last week, one of our employees gave notice. In and of itself, that's not really a bad thing, but his departure comes at a really bad time. Not only will his last day be the first day of fireworks season (the 20th)--when DH and Sonshine are out of town, but our other employee is going on vacation (out of the country) on the 22nd. That means DH is our only employee for three weeks.

Now thankfully, it's over the holidays and we run rather slow this time of year, but DH can't be two places at once. So...I may be running the fireworks store with Sonshine for the first 10 days. I'm not as dismayed by possibility as I once might have been. Because what it means is a lot of writing time! And right now I want it and need it.

And still no word from the editors at Entangled. But any time now. *fingers crossed*

Check back in tomorrow for my next Christmas post!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for progress on the manuscript! Hope you hear from Entangled soon!

Char Newcomb said...

I meant to ask you if you'd recovered from the long Sunday...

Great news about the manuscript and the possibility of 10 days with some good writing time at the Fireworks store!