For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2016 Reading Challenge
I've given up on the official Goodreads challenge, although I have borrowed their logo. I'm going for 3 million new words and the re-reading of whatever fics I decide sound interesting as well as creating pod fic. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.
- be a better website person for my writing group
- be a better treasurer for my writing group
- get physically healthy and well
- walk the dog/walk to the post office
- reach that 120lb. mark (for real this time)
- get the house clean(er)
- keep cradfting/do a wider variety of crafts
- create pod fic
- read and re-read
- writie 10K to 15K word book for Christmas box set
2016 NASCAR Winners
- ► 2016 (79)
- ► 2015 (147)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2016 (79)
- 2015 (147)
- 2014 (150)
- 2013 (154)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
8:20 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
That control I talked about Monday? Not 100% yet.
Unfortunately, life decided to whack me upside the head and we took our dog, Honey, in and had her put to sleep Monday afternoon.
The shine was gone from her eyes, meaning the pain meds were no longer doing their job. Between the arthritis and the mouth cancer, she could hardly get to her feet, she'd lost her appetite, and eating was difficult with the huge tumor growing on her jaw. Plus she was snappy at everyone for no reason, except for the pain. So it was finally time to say goodbye.
DD opted not to go, but the rest of us went and were gathered around our dog as the vet administered the meds. It was low-key and respectful. We were allowed to stay as long as we needed, though we didn't stay long. I wish I gotten one last picture, of her after, looking peaceful, but I didn't think about it at the time.
Tears come and go. (Right now, as I'm writing, they're falling.) But it was time. I know it was. And yet I feel like I should have taken more time to make the decision. We had time, we took it, and yet there was no more time. She needed to be set free. So we did.
But all this talk about Honey, we've forgotten Sam.
Sam is just now realizing that her sister, playmate, and pal for the last eleven years is gone. Not that she understands all of that exactly. But she knows her life is different and that something is now missing.
We're trying to pay a bit more attention to her. My brown-eyed girl hasn't been scheduled to work and is able to take her for walks, and on days when she'll be home alone, I'll probably bring her to work.
So I'm getting up at 5am and reading my manuscript. I've at lest done that. Diet and exercise? Ppfft--not happening at the moment. Give me a few days and I'll try, try again.
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Read in Mar 2016
- Omnibus by dhampir72
- Lay It Down by dhampir72
- Sleeping With James Bond by dhampir72
- The Hand I Want to Hold Forever by dhampir72
- Favours by dhampir72
- Sigh No More by dhampir72
- To the Sticking Place by blueink3
- Wars We Fought, Things We're Not by blueink3
- Crush by stereobone
- Synchronicity by stereobone
- Call Him Love by itsallfine
- Sleep Deprivation is No Excuse by elenothar
- When the Sun Goes Down and No Stars Light the Night by elenothar
- Pitfalls of the Odd Pagan Holiday by elenothar
- Wooing Rituals of the James Bond Variety by elenothar
- How Q Hacked Online Dating by JayEz
- Our Final Problem by JayEz
- Five Years Isn't So Long by scioscribe
- Amber by scioscribe
- Home (and Country) by scioscribe
- Cuckoo by scioscribe
- Fallible Creatures by scioscribe
- Dramatic Arts by scioscribe
- A Pox on All Your Machines by scioscribe
- Love and Other Hazardous Materials by Luchia
- Amenable by resonant
- Practical Angora Goat Raising by lavvyan
- Tantalus by moonblossom
- Whoredom in Egypt by ancientreader
- Let Them Howl by alex_caligari
- Rearranged by itsallfine
- Order of Operations by patternofdefiance
Read in Feb 2016
Read in Jan 2016
- Practical Johnkeeping by what_alchemy
- Unwasted by patternofdefinace
- Chemistry and Crooked Shelves by 221b_careful_what_you_wish_for
- Two Days by PoppyAlexander
- Two Days by tweedisgood
- A Sense of Scale by alphera
- We Are Only Human by TennantsLittleKitten
- Checkmate by TennantsLittleKitten
- A Married Man by Persophones_Keeper
- A Time of Beauty by akashathekitty
- What Dreams May Come by danlef
- No Bangs Without Foreign Office Approval by reckonedrightly
- Save the Last Dance for Me by Lilith (Citrine)
- Snapshot by saziikins
- The Violet Hour by breathedout
- Drunk With Your Kiss by Biswholocked
- The Human Cipher by wendymarlowe