For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2015 Reading Challenge
I've pledged to read 26 books via the official Goodreads challenge. The rest of my 3 million words will more than likely come via proofreading jobs and fan fiction. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2015 (11)
- 2014 (150)
- 2013 (154)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
7:26 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
My chapter mate and dear friend, Angi Morgan. She's also an awesome writer and her latest book will be coming out in just a few months--which gives you plenty of time to read her first two books!!!
So here's Angi...
Writers ain't easy to love and they're harder to know.
They'd rather stretch tales and play let’s pretend
with cowboys, Marines or just a Baron.
Their heroes are real and have their own back stories.
If she’s got a PC or ink in her hand,
she'll prob'ly write ‘till her grave.
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
Don't let 'em tell stories or sit on their behinds.
Let 'em be doctors or lawyers or mimes.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
'Cos they'll never go out and they're never alone.
Always with plots on the brain.
Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys was written by Willie Nelson and inspired these words that loosely resemble a poem. Thanks for joining me today here at Jen’s A TIME FOR EVERYTHING.
Recently, I’ve been thinking that my entire life is writing, instead of writing entirely about life. Every day there’s a different deadline, more writing, more goals to meet. Does it end? Not for a writer. If it ends…well, that’s not something a writer looks forward to. WE LOVE deadlines, contracts, obligations. If we don’t have one, we aren’t earning our keep.
But every once in a while, you just have to sit back and enjoy. I love taking my laptop with me to write wherever and whenever--as all writers should. But unless we stop and breathe, we’re forgetting what the basis is for all the yarns that we spin: life.
So take some Time for Everything…without the guilt. You have permission.
Coming this February to a bookstore near you...
And to keep you busy until then, these are available now.
I've read all three of these and they are fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by today, Angi!
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Read in Jan 2015
- Subtext, ch. 16 by notesfromaclassroom
- Subtext, ch. 15 by notesfromaclassroom
- Dear John, ch. 38 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 37 by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 8 by serpentynka
- There's So Much Labor Just in Breathing Lately by Susan
- Dear John, ch. 36 by wendymarlowe
- Right Hand Man by SilentAuror
- Flaunting It by DancingGrimm
- Dear John, ch. 35 by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 7 by serpentynka
- Dear John, ch. 34 by wendymarlowe
- Myrddin's Memoir by Carol Pack
- What If They Both Had Amnesia by EinahSirro
- Negotiations by Canon_Is_Relative & Impish Tubist
- Saving Sherlock Holmes by earlgraytea68
- Dear John, ch. 33 by wendymarlowe
- Pride, But Very Little Prejudice by sheffiessharpe
- Pieces of Eight by sheffiessharpe
- Vessel by Rhuia
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 6 by serpentynka
- Dear John, ch. 32 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 31 by wendymarlowe
- Manifest by causidicus
- So Full of Light by mydwynter
- The Weight of Knowledge by sherlocksdressinggown
- Dear John, ch. 30 by wendymarlowe
- Fan Mail by scullyseviltwin
- A Christmas Soldier by Evenlodes_Friend
- GE Entry by unknown
- GE Entry by unknown
- The British Government Only Asks Twice by azriona
- Under the Coat by loopy456
- At Least There's Football by sheffiessharpe
- To the Gold of Frankincense Through Myrrh by sideris
- Busy by MildredandBobbin
- Between Midnight and Dawn by aderyn
- A Catalogue of Wounds by UrbanHymnal
- Best Seat in the House by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 5 by serpentynka
- Four Chemicals Lestrade Was Glad Sherlock Gave Up by Lady_Ganesh
- Four Times They Did and One Time They Didn't by peg22
- The Tip Over to the Inevitable by ivyblossom
- Lighting Up by Persiflager
- Kicking Off by Persiflager
- Home and Dry by BeautifulFiction
- Normal for Bridgewater by marysutherland
- No Mistletoe Required by BeautifulFiction
- The Other Road by Writernon
- Wrong Order by Dayja
- GE Entry by unknown
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 4 by serpentynka
- To Light Another's Path by BeautifulFiction
- Dear John, Ch. 29 by wendymarlowe
- Law Like Love by PlaidAdder
- More Earth Than Fire by SwissMiss
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, Ch. 3 by serpentynka
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, Ch. 2 by serpentynka
- Brand New Day by msgenevieve
- The Cornish Cottage by flawedamythyst
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, Ch. 1 by serpentynka
- Terms of Service by kres
- Sussex by SilentAuror
- State of Flux by Atiki
- Break Her Fall by JoAnna Grace