For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2014 Reading Challenge
This year, I'm again pledging to read at least 52 fiction books, though shooting for 60.
I did exceed my 52 book goal from last year.
- lose weight--get down to 120ish pounds (that's 16 lbs.)
- pay off the credit card with proofing money
- create bulb bed/plant bulbs on the side of the house
- work on back yard
- bookshelves in living room
- ramp up proofreading
- publish three more Romance Writer's Guides books
- get my son graduated
- read up on how to make the body work like it's supposed to and help my hubby lose weight and get healthy
- read 64 books, including 12 books on plotting
- ► 2014 (101)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2014 (101)
- 2013 (154)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
7:26 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
My chapter mate and dear friend, Angi Morgan. She's also an awesome writer and her latest book will be coming out in just a few months--which gives you plenty of time to read her first two books!!!
So here's Angi...
Writers ain't easy to love and they're harder to know.
They'd rather stretch tales and play let’s pretend
with cowboys, Marines or just a Baron.
Their heroes are real and have their own back stories.
If she’s got a PC or ink in her hand,
she'll prob'ly write ‘till her grave.
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
Don't let 'em tell stories or sit on their behinds.
Let 'em be doctors or lawyers or mimes.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
'Cos they'll never go out and they're never alone.
Always with plots on the brain.
Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys was written by Willie Nelson and inspired these words that loosely resemble a poem. Thanks for joining me today here at Jen’s A TIME FOR EVERYTHING.
Recently, I’ve been thinking that my entire life is writing, instead of writing entirely about life. Every day there’s a different deadline, more writing, more goals to meet. Does it end? Not for a writer. If it ends…well, that’s not something a writer looks forward to. WE LOVE deadlines, contracts, obligations. If we don’t have one, we aren’t earning our keep.
But every once in a while, you just have to sit back and enjoy. I love taking my laptop with me to write wherever and whenever--as all writers should. But unless we stop and breathe, we’re forgetting what the basis is for all the yarns that we spin: life.
So take some Time for Everything…without the guilt. You have permission.
Coming this February to a bookstore near you...
And to keep you busy until then, these are available now.
I've read all three of these and they are fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by today, Angi!
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Books Read in 2014
- A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Two epic novels worth of Sherlock fan fiction (and counting) by various authors
- Up All Night by Renee Ashley Williams
- Oral Invitation by B.J. Hayes
- Lights Out by Ann Campbell
- Explicitly English by Rachel Leigh
- M-theory: Mycroft, Moriarty, and Magnussen’s shared motifs, James Bond’s “M,” Mary and Janine, and the big gay long game by the loudest subtext in television (that's a screen name, if you hadn't guessed)
- Noble Beginnings by L.T. Ryan
- Christmas Justice by Robin Perini
- Just A Fling by Olivia Noble
- Running by Patrice Fitzgerald
- Buster's Law by Laraine Lebron
- Harry PotterPage to Screen by Bob McCabe
- Professional Plot Outline mini-Course by Holly Lisle
- The Plot Skeleton by Angela Hunt
- Rock Your Plot by Cathy Yardley
- Basher Five Two by Scott O'Grady
- Mai Tai Marriage by Chris Keniston
- Still Delicate by padfoot4ever (Harry Potter fanfiction)
- Deliate by padfoot4ever (Harry Potter fanfiction)
- Montana Sky by Nora Roberts (audio book)
- Mad About Plaid by Kam McKellar
- The Roles We Play by JoAnna Grace
- Drowning by Racel Firacek
- Whip Me Up, Tie Me Down by Lavender Daye
- Game of Fear by Robin Perini
- Lost in Temptation by Lauren Royal
- What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex
- Improper Proposals by Juliana Ross
- Kira's Keeper by Jan Schliesman
- Improper Arrangements by Juliana Ross
- Improper Relations by Juliana Ross
- How to Kick Your Fat in the Nuts by T.C. Hale
- Stop!!! Manifesting Money by D/C Russ
- A Lady in Defiance by Heather Blanton
- Secret Obsession by Robin Perini
- Rebooting Your Life: A 12-Day Program for Ending Stress, Realizing Your Goals, and Being More Productive by Gibbons
- 30 Daily Weight Loss Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle by Joshua Wylie
- Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
- Coconut Oil Recipes: Nature's Remedy for Health, Beauty, Weight Loss, Allergies & Detoxing by Scarlett Aphra