For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2014 Reading Challenge
This year, I'm pledging to read 52 fiction books, one per week, as well as an additional 12 books focused of plotting.
I did exceed my 52 book goal from last year.
My Blog List
- ► 2013 (154)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2014 (28)
- 2013 (154)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
7:26 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
My chapter mate and dear friend, Angi Morgan. She's also an awesome writer and her latest book will be coming out in just a few months--which gives you plenty of time to read her first two books!!!
So here's Angi...
Writers ain't easy to love and they're harder to know.
They'd rather stretch tales and play let’s pretend
with cowboys, Marines or just a Baron.
Their heroes are real and have their own back stories.
If she’s got a PC or ink in her hand,
she'll prob'ly write ‘till her grave.
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
Don't let 'em tell stories or sit on their behinds.
Let 'em be doctors or lawyers or mimes.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
'Cos they'll never go out and they're never alone.
Always with plots on the brain.
Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys was written by Willie Nelson and inspired these words that loosely resemble a poem. Thanks for joining me today here at Jen’s A TIME FOR EVERYTHING.
Recently, I’ve been thinking that my entire life is writing, instead of writing entirely about life. Every day there’s a different deadline, more writing, more goals to meet. Does it end? Not for a writer. If it ends…well, that’s not something a writer looks forward to. WE LOVE deadlines, contracts, obligations. If we don’t have one, we aren’t earning our keep.
But every once in a while, you just have to sit back and enjoy. I love taking my laptop with me to write wherever and whenever--as all writers should. But unless we stop and breathe, we’re forgetting what the basis is for all the yarns that we spin: life.
So take some Time for Everything…without the guilt. You have permission.
Coming this February to a bookstore near you...
And to keep you busy until then, these are available now.
I've read all three of these and they are fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by today, Angi!
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
- lose weight--get down to 120ish pounds (that's 16 lbs.)
- pay off the credit card with proofing money
- create bulb bed/plant bulbs on the side of the house
- work on back yard
- bookshelves in living room
- ramp up proofreading
- publish three more Romance Writer's Guides books
- get my son graduated
- read up on how to make the body work like it's supposed to and help my hubby lose weight and get healthy
- read 64 books, including 12 books on plotting
Books Read in 2014
- How to Kick Your Fat in the Nuts by T.C. Hale
- Secret Obsession by Robin Perini
- Rebooting Your Life: A 12-Day Program for Ending Stress, Realizing Your Goals, and Being More Productive by Gibbons
- 30 Daily Weight Loss Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle by Joshua Wylie
- Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
- Coconut Oil Recipes: Nature's Remedy for Health, Beauty, Weight Loss, Allergies & Detoxing by Scarlett Aphra
Books read in 2013
- Incredibly Delicious Soup Recipes from the Mediterranean by Vasela Tabakova
- Madam President by Jerry Beller (didn't finish)
- Kick Menstrual Cramps in the Nuts by T.C. Hale
- Blurred Lines by Janie Crouch
- Love Me or Leave Me by Kristine Mason
- Wish On a Star by Lauren Holly
- Paradise Valley by Dale Cramer
- Take a Chance, a Private Delights novel by Lavender Daye
- Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
- Protecting Their Child by Angi Morgan
- Outlaw by Angus Donald (didn't finish)
- The Warrior by Wanda Ann Thomas
- Private Designs by Lavender Daye
- Private Passions by Lavender Daye
- Northern Lights by Nora Roberts
- Pick Me by Kristine Mason
- Kiss Me by Kristine Mason
- Missing by Beverley Bateman
- Bedded By Her Bodyguard by Kristi Avalon
- Playing for Keeps by Jamie Denton
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry
- The Cradle Conspiracy by Robin Perini
- Behind the Lies by Robin Perini
- Ain't Misbehaving by Molly Cannon (audio book)
- Undercover Texas by Robin Perini
- In Her Sights by Robin Perini
- Christmas Conspiracy by Robin Perini
- Hunted by Beverley Bateman
- Private Delights by Lavender Daye
- Desired & Defended by Kristi Avalon
- Cowboy in the Crossfire by Robin Perini
- Finding Her Son by Robin Perini
- Collision Force by C.A. Szarek
- A Texas Baby by Linda Warren
- Highland Moon Sifter by Clover Autrey
- Trusting Her by Starla Kaye
- Nurses in Vietnam: The Forgotten Veterans edited/compiled by Dan Freedman and Jacqueline Rhoads
- Station Hospital Saigon: A Navy Nurse in Vietnam 1963-1964 by LCDR Bobbi Hovis, NC, USN (ret.)
- Joyful Momma's Guide to Shopping & Cooking Frugally by Kimberly Eddy
- Home Before Morning: The Story of an Army Nurse in Vietnam by Lynda Van Devanter
- Whistling in the Dark by Tamara Allen
- If it Ain't Love by Tamara Allen
- The Only Gold by Tamara Allen
- Downtime by Tamara Allen
- Off Her Game by Suzan Butler
- Bet on Love by Barbara Witek
- The Hand of Vengeance by Mike Mendoza
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (audio book version) by J.K. Rowling
- Offside by Juliana Stone
- The Memory of You by Laurie Kellogg
- Plotting: A Novelist's Workout Guide by Aaron Allston
- Relentless by Cindy Stark
- Don't Let Me Go by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- 100 Ways to Save and Grow Your Money, Financial Fitness for Regular People by Peter Sorrells
- Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer
- I Want it Now: A Memoir of Life on the Set of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory by Julie Dawn Cole
- From Dunes to Dior by Mohanalakshmi Rajakumar
- Aggie's Inheritance by Chautona Havig (didn't finish)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
- The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory