For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2015 Reading Challenge
I've pledged to read 26 books via the official Goodreads challenge. The rest of my 3 million words will more than likely come via proofreading jobs and fan fiction. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2015 (114)
- 2014 (150)
- 2013 (154)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
7:26 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
My chapter mate and dear friend, Angi Morgan. She's also an awesome writer and her latest book will be coming out in just a few months--which gives you plenty of time to read her first two books!!!
So here's Angi...
Writers ain't easy to love and they're harder to know.
They'd rather stretch tales and play let’s pretend
with cowboys, Marines or just a Baron.
Their heroes are real and have their own back stories.
If she’s got a PC or ink in her hand,
she'll prob'ly write ‘till her grave.
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
Don't let 'em tell stories or sit on their behinds.
Let 'em be doctors or lawyers or mimes.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
'Cos they'll never go out and they're never alone.
Always with plots on the brain.
Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys was written by Willie Nelson and inspired these words that loosely resemble a poem. Thanks for joining me today here at Jen’s A TIME FOR EVERYTHING.
Recently, I’ve been thinking that my entire life is writing, instead of writing entirely about life. Every day there’s a different deadline, more writing, more goals to meet. Does it end? Not for a writer. If it ends…well, that’s not something a writer looks forward to. WE LOVE deadlines, contracts, obligations. If we don’t have one, we aren’t earning our keep.
But every once in a while, you just have to sit back and enjoy. I love taking my laptop with me to write wherever and whenever--as all writers should. But unless we stop and breathe, we’re forgetting what the basis is for all the yarns that we spin: life.
So take some Time for Everything…without the guilt. You have permission.
Coming this February to a bookstore near you...
And to keep you busy until then, these are available now.
I've read all three of these and they are fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by today, Angi!
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Read in Sept 2015
- They're Gonna Be All Right Series by ImpishTubist
- The Runaway Highlander by R.L. Syme
- Sherlock: Give Me a Label, I'll Make Confetti by IBegToDreamAndDiffer
- Patience by EmmaGrant
- The First Trip by Phyona
- Favors by Aria_Lerendeair
- Trigger by wendymarlowe
- The Temper Between by Phyona
- The Last Drop by Phyona
- Seek Out the Unworthy by squire
- Bury the Bells by unknownsister
- Of Chocolate Mice and Little Green Men by naughtyspirit
- Being Unprepared by naughtyspirit
- My Life as a Fairy Tale by naughtyspirit
- Sentenced by SarahKnight
- The Fix by peg22
- Uphill by scullyseviltwin
- Working on the Edges by earlgreytea68
- The(y) Kiss by anarmydoctor
- A Service in Belgravia by KeelieThompson1
- One Fixed Point in a Changing Age by KeelieThompson1
Read in Aug 2015
- Back in the Day by KeelieThompson1
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 90 by serpentynka
- Silk Road by saki101
- The Seventeenth Page Affliction by EmmyAngua
- The Adventure of the Bridegroom's Photograph by spacemutineer
- Nowhere To Be by allonsys_girl
- The Alphabet of Sherlock Holmes by SilentAuror
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 89 by serpentynka
- Silhouettes by allonsys_girl
- The Rising Tide by allonsys_girl
- Of Razors, Pipes, Red Notebooks and Rugby Jerseys by allonsys_girl
- Positive Reinforcement by Mildredandbobbin
- Of Course I Forgive You by allonsys_girl
- Dirty Love by saziikins
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 88 by serpentynka
- Inexplicable by EmmaGrant
- Eyes Up, Heels Down by Codename Meretricious
- Tea by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 87 by serpentynka
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 86 by serpentynka
- Dr John H Watson, Sexual Surrogate by smurff
- Tigers Make Good Pets by tenderly_wicked
- Just Staying by tenderly_wicked
- However Improbable by earlybloomingparentheses
- Help Us to Surive by solrosan
- Heartbeat in the Brain by Indybaggins
- Runaway Highlander by R.L. Syme
- Collateral Damage by SilentAuror
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 85 by serpentynka
- The Mystery of the Olive Green Chair by allonsys_girl
- Undressing by unovis
- What Are You Going to Do About It? by brbsoulnomming
- Yes and No by emungere
- Shallow Grave by SilentAuror
- A Study in Bees by daasgirl
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 84 by serpentynka
- How I Impregnated Your Mother by Mildredandbobbin
- Disguise by kaalee
- Sherlock Never Noticed the Cameras by wendymarlowe
- The Lucky Few by saziikins
- Conversdations With Idiots by scullyseviltwin
- Reason Goes Before a Fall byLorelai_Lee
- Breakable by MissDavis
- Sharp Bits and Safe Paths by midgetnazgul
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 83 by serpentynka
- Boxing Up a Life Together by flawedamethyst
- Barter System by brbsoulnomming
- Phoenix by Lono
- What You Really Want by type_40_consulting_detective
- I Don't Speak French by Ricechex
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 82 by serpentynka
- Echoes Through Time by chellefic
- A Negligible Accident by flawedamythyst
- A Close Shave by poppyalexander
- Grip and Release by PetraTodd
- How to Be Brave by stillaseeker
- Thrust Vigorously by Dlnnanzor
- The Boys of Summer by mazarin221b
- The First and Only Convention of the Scotland Yard Matchmaker Committee by ImpishTubist
- Paper Hearts by testosterone_tea
- Slip Out the Back Jack by yaycoffee
- Smoke by poppyalexander
- The Scent of Home by PetraTodd
- Her Boy by saziikins
- LHT-HNL by scullyseviltwin
- Blande Barista Seeks Dashing Ballet Dancer: Inquire Within by prettysailorsoldier
- I Fall Through the Cracks Until You Catch Me by sc010f
- The Newlywed Game by patternofdefiance
- Game Night by Random_Nexus
- Gotta Have It by poppyalexander
- Blank Canvas, Warm Bed by taylorpotato