For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2016 Reading Challenge
I've given up on the official Goodreads challenge, although I have borrowed their logo. I'm going for 3 million new words and the re-reading of whatever fics I decide sound interesting as well as creating pod fic. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.
- be a better website person for my writing group
- be a better treasurer for my writing group
- get physically healthy and well
- walk the dog/walk to the post office
- reach that 120lb. mark (for real this time)
- get the house clean(er)
- keep cradfting/do a wider variety of crafts
- create pod fic
- read and re-read
- writie 10K to 15K word book for Christmas box set
2016 NASCAR Winners
- ► 2015 (147)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2016 (57)
- 2015 (147)
- 2014 (150)
- 2013 (154)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
7:26 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
My chapter mate and dear friend, Angi Morgan. She's also an awesome writer and her latest book will be coming out in just a few months--which gives you plenty of time to read her first two books!!!
So here's Angi...
Writers ain't easy to love and they're harder to know.
They'd rather stretch tales and play let’s pretend
with cowboys, Marines or just a Baron.
Their heroes are real and have their own back stories.
If she’s got a PC or ink in her hand,
she'll prob'ly write ‘till her grave.
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
Don't let 'em tell stories or sit on their behinds.
Let 'em be doctors or lawyers or mimes.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
'Cos they'll never go out and they're never alone.
Always with plots on the brain.
Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys was written by Willie Nelson and inspired these words that loosely resemble a poem. Thanks for joining me today here at Jen’s A TIME FOR EVERYTHING.
Recently, I’ve been thinking that my entire life is writing, instead of writing entirely about life. Every day there’s a different deadline, more writing, more goals to meet. Does it end? Not for a writer. If it ends…well, that’s not something a writer looks forward to. WE LOVE deadlines, contracts, obligations. If we don’t have one, we aren’t earning our keep.
But every once in a while, you just have to sit back and enjoy. I love taking my laptop with me to write wherever and whenever--as all writers should. But unless we stop and breathe, we’re forgetting what the basis is for all the yarns that we spin: life.
So take some Time for Everything…without the guilt. You have permission.
Coming this February to a bookstore near you...
And to keep you busy until then, these are available now.
I've read all three of these and they are fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by today, Angi!
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Read in Mar 2016
- Omnibus by dhampir72
- Lay It Down by dhampir72
- Sleeping With James Bond by dhampir72
- The Hand I Want to Hold Forever by dhampir72
- Favours by dhampir72
- Sigh No More by dhampir72
- To the Sticking Place by blueink3
- Wars We Fought, Things We're Not by blueink3
- Crush by stereobone
- Synchronicity by stereobone
- Call Him Love by itsallfine
- Sleep Deprivation is No Excuse by elenothar
- When the Sun Goes Down and No Stars Light the Night by elenothar
- Pitfalls of the Odd Pagan Holiday by elenothar
- Wooing Rituals of the James Bond Variety by elenothar
- How Q Hacked Online Dating by JayEz
- Our Final Problem by JayEz
- Five Years Isn't So Long by scioscribe
- Amber by scioscribe
- Home (and Country) by scioscribe
- Cuckoo by scioscribe
- Fallible Creatures by scioscribe
- Dramatic Arts by scioscribe
- A Pox on All Your Machines by scioscribe
- Love and Other Hazardous Materials by Luchia
- Amenable by resonant
- Practical Angora Goat Raising by lavvyan
- Tantalus by moonblossom
- Whoredom in Egypt by ancientreader
- Let Them Howl by alex_caligari
- Rearranged by itsallfine
- Order of Operations by patternofdefiance
Read in Feb 2016
Read in Jan 2016
- Practical Johnkeeping by what_alchemy
- Unwasted by patternofdefinace
- Chemistry and Crooked Shelves by 221b_careful_what_you_wish_for
- Two Days by PoppyAlexander
- Two Days by tweedisgood
- A Sense of Scale by alphera
- We Are Only Human by TennantsLittleKitten
- Checkmate by TennantsLittleKitten
- A Married Man by Persophones_Keeper
- A Time of Beauty by akashathekitty
- What Dreams May Come by danlef
- No Bangs Without Foreign Office Approval by reckonedrightly
- Save the Last Dance for Me by Lilith (Citrine)
- Snapshot by saziikins
- The Violet Hour by breathedout
- Drunk With Your Kiss by Biswholocked
- The Human Cipher by wendymarlowe