For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2013 Reading Challenge
I've taken the Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge, pledging to read at least 52 books in 2013.
So I've added a list for 2013's books, but decided to leave my previous list of books read. (At least until I transcribe the list to some other list for safekeeping. )
My Blog List
- ► 2013 (146)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2013 (146)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
7:26 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
My chapter mate and dear friend, Angi Morgan. She's also an awesome writer and her latest book will be coming out in just a few months--which gives you plenty of time to read her first two books!!!
So here's Angi...
Writers ain't easy to love and they're harder to know.
They'd rather stretch tales and play let’s pretend
with cowboys, Marines or just a Baron.
Their heroes are real and have their own back stories.
If she’s got a PC or ink in her hand,
she'll prob'ly write ‘till her grave.
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
Don't let 'em tell stories or sit on their behinds.
Let 'em be doctors or lawyers or mimes.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be writers.
'Cos they'll never go out and they're never alone.
Always with plots on the brain.
Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys was written by Willie Nelson and inspired these words that loosely resemble a poem. Thanks for joining me today here at Jen’s A TIME FOR EVERYTHING.
Recently, I’ve been thinking that my entire life is writing, instead of writing entirely about life. Every day there’s a different deadline, more writing, more goals to meet. Does it end? Not for a writer. If it ends…well, that’s not something a writer looks forward to. WE LOVE deadlines, contracts, obligations. If we don’t have one, we aren’t earning our keep.
But every once in a while, you just have to sit back and enjoy. I love taking my laptop with me to write wherever and whenever--as all writers should. But unless we stop and breathe, we’re forgetting what the basis is for all the yarns that we spin: life.
So take some Time for Everything…without the guilt. You have permission.
Coming this February to a bookstore near you...
And to keep you busy until then, these are available now.
I've read all three of these and they are fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by today, Angi!
- Jen FitzGerald
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Books read in 2013
- Wish On a Star by Lauren Holly
- Paradise Valley by Dale Cramer
- Take a Chance, a Private Delights novel by Lavender Daye
- Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
- Protecting Their Child by Angi Morgan
- Outlaw by Angus Donald (didn't finish)
- The Warrior by Wanda Ann Thomas
- Private Designs by Lavender Daye
- Private Passions by Lavender Daye
- Northern Lights by Nora Roberts
- Pick Me by Kristine Mason
- Kiss Me by Kristine Mason
- Missing by Beverley Bateman
- Bedded By Her Bodyguard by Kristi Avalon
- Playing for Keeps by Jamie Denton
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry
- The Cradle Conspiracy by Robin Perini
- Behind the Lies by Robin Perini
- Ain't Misbehaving by Molly Cannon (audio book)
- Undercover Texas by Robin Perini
- In Her Sights by Robin Perini
- Christmas Conspiracy by Robin Perini
- Hunted by Beverley Bateman
- Private Delights by Lavender Daye
- Desired & Defended by Kristi Avalon
- Cowboy in the Crossfire by Robin Perini
- Finding Her Son by Robin Perini
- Collision Force by C.A. Szarek
- A Texas Baby by Linda Warren
- Highland Moon Sifter by Clover Autrey
- Trusting Her by Starla Kaye
- Nurses in Vietnam: The Forgotten Veterans edited/compiled by Dan Freedman and Jacqueline Rhoads
- Station Hospital Saigon: A Navy Nurse in Vietnam 1963-1964 by LCDR Bobbi Hovis, NC, USN (ret.)
- Joyful Momma's Guide to Shopping & Cooking Frugally by Kimberly Eddy
- Home Before Morning: The Story of an Army Nurse in Vietnam by Lynda Van Devanter
- Whistling in the Dark by Tamara Allen
- If it Ain't Love by Tamara Allen
- The Only Gold by Tamara Allen
- Downtime by Tamara Allen
- Off Her Game by Suzan Butler
- Bet on Love by Barbara Witek
- The Hand of Vengeance by Mike Mendoza
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (audio book version) by J.K. Rowling
- Offside by Juliana Stone
- The Memory of You by Laurie Kellogg
- Plotting: A Novelist's Workout Guide by Aaron Allston
- Relentless by Cindy Stark
- Don't Let Me Go by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- 100 Ways to Save and Grow Your Money, Financial Fitness for Regular People by Peter Sorrells
- Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer
- I Want it Now: A Memoir of Life on the Set of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory by Julie Dawn Cole
- From Dunes to Dior by Mohanalakshmi Rajakumar
- Aggie's Inheritance by Chautona Havig (didn't finish)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
- The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory
- Lion in Babylon by Davis Bunn
Books Read in 2008-2012
- The Good Lawyer by Thomas Benigno
- Completely Restored by Robert Kerr
- True Father by Stephen Anderson Law
- The Last Honest Seamstress by Gina Robinson
- Christmas with the Prince by Michelle Celmer
- Harry Potter fan fiction by various authors
- Montgomery Justice: Behind the Lies by Robin Perini
- Highland Shapeshifter by Clover Autrey
- The Truth About Faking by Leight T. Moore
- Measuring Up by Nyrae Dawn
- Sometimes it Happens by Lauren Barnholdt
- The Sweetheart Tree by Clover Autrey
- Taylor Made Life by Kary Rader
- Firday Night Lights: the Untold History of Television by Kathleen Olmstead
- Boarding the Enterprise by Smart Pop Books
- On One Condition by Diana Alberts
- In the Line of Duty by Donna Alward
- Off the Clock by Donna Alward
- Coming and Going by Casea Major
- The Driver's Seat by Casea Major
- The Nurse's Not-So-Secret Scandal by Wendy S. Marcus
- Shall We Tell the President by Jeffrey Archer
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
- Fifty Shades of Alice in Wonderland by Melinda DuChamp
- One Knight in Brooklyn by Casea Major
- On One Condition by Diane Alberts
- Faking Mr. Right by Kerry Connor
- The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman & Becca Puglisi
- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
- The Unauthorized Glee Companion: Filled With Glee by Smart Pop Books, multiple contributors
- A Friday Night Lights Companion: Love, Loss and Football in Dillon, Texas by Smart Pop Books, multiple contributors
- Robin Hood fan fiction by various authors
- Friday Night Lights: a Town, a Team, and a Dream by H.G. Bissinger
- Family Peace by Kate Wesley
- Table for One by Ros Clarke
- All I Want for Christmas by Ros Clarke
- Kidnapped at the Gun Show by Lavender Daye
- No Dress Required by Cari Quinn
- Stormfront: Seduced by the Neighbors by Kirsten McCurran
- Taken by Selena Kitt
- Dangerous Memories by Angi Morgan
- Training the Receptionist by Juniper Bell
- See Me by Natasha Moore
- La Bonne by Michele de Lully
- Temporary Mistress by Cecily French
- Bermuda Triangle by Sky Robinson
- Midsummer Dreams by Cindy Spencer Pape
- Highland Heat by Sasha White
- Her Secret Millionaire by Cat Shield
- Wild Justice by Liz Fielding
- Eternity Base by Bob Mayer
- Once a Good Girl by Wendy S. Marcus
- Bound by Trust by Lavender Daye
- Be a Sex-Writing Strumpet by Stacia Kane
- Marshal of Hel Dorado by Heather Long
- Twice is Not Enough by Emma Lai
- Southern Seduction by Luna Zega
- Kilt Worthy by Catherine Bybee
- Just Another Day at the Beach by Karen Rossi
- Sea Born by Clover Autrey