Friday, November 23, 2012

A time for thankfulness and writing


Happy Thanksgiving day to all my faithful readers. I hope your day was fun and relaxing with good food and the people you most enjoy being with.

Some of my Facebook peeps have been sharing each day something they're thankful. While I could come up with 30 things I'm thankful, I'll just list a few...

My family, of course. Immediate and extended, to include DH, the Brown-Eyed Girl, DD, and Sonshine. My mom and my grandma. My step-mom, my sisters and brothers, my nieces and nephews. My mother- and father-in-law, my sisters- and brothers-in-law. And my dog Sammy.

I'm thankful for the members of the US military, past, present, and future, who fight for my freedoms.

I'm thankful that my Brown-Eyed Girl is still with us and celebrated 2 years of sobriety this past Tuesday.

I'm thankful for my hubby of 19 years and that he's put up with me this long.

I'm thankful for my writing friends and the writing community for the friendships I've made and the things I've learned over the last nine years.

Speaking of writing...I've got 4900 words to come up with by the 8th in order to earn my next charm. Unfortunately, the writing has been a struggle of late. But I have the rest of the weekend to get back into it and try to bang out some words.

So on that note, I'm going to sign off now.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.




1 comment:

Regina Richards said...

Sounds like you do have a lot of wonderful people and things in your life to be thankful for.

Ditto for me.

Happy (late) Thanksgiving!