Wednesday, September 5, 2012

All's quiet on the work front..


No employees. No boss.

It's very peaceful right now, though I do have day job work to do. I better enjoy the lull while it lasts.

Tonight I cook spaghetti for fifty kids. Yes, I'm providing the meal for the band tomorrow. And it's an away game in Dallas. It's going to be a long, busy couple of days. Friday should be a down day and I might have to work a car wash on Saturday. But that's relatively easy. Sit, supervise the kids, and collect the donations.

Speaking of collecting...I collect things. I read once that three of something or similar somethings constitutes a collection, but I've never been able to verify that. Does that mean because I have three kids, I could call them a collection? :)

Today, I'm going to share two of my collections:

These are (obviously) thimbles. Technically, my grandmother collected them, but then she gave them to me. These are porcelain thimbles from the great porcelain houses all over Europe.

Now for something completely opposite...

These are Beanie Babies. I love birds and so I have the three song birds available in Beanie Baby form.

I have more collections to share, but what about you? What do you collect?

No comments: