Wednesday, June 27, 2012

And exhausted...

I've still been productive, but I'm feeling the strain. I'm getting tired so easily, but the end is in sight.

Last night, I spent way more time than I should have putting up new mini-blinds in the bathroom. I won't go into detail, but they do look good now that they're up. I had planned on adding a window treatment only to realize for the second time (doh) that the brackets for the rod did not extend far enough past the top of the mini-blinds to actually be able to install the rod. I knew it was going to be an issue and even looked for longer brackets when at the Home Depot exchanging the too-short (width-wise) blinds I bought the other day. They carry them, but had none in stock. Ugh!

I'm also on stand by for a trip to the fireworks store. DH may have to come home to sit in trial and listen to the prosecution's forensic expert and ensure he accurately represents the findings. Experts are not supposed to be biased either way toward the defendant, they're just supposed to present the facts. Many a time has DH told an attorney--a defense attorney-- "your client is guilty as sin, make a pleas or take a deal". Seriously.

Anyway, this trip couldn't come at a worse time. I still have things to do before my big weekend. On the other hand, it's forced rest. All I have to do is drive there, be present while the boys run the show, and drive back. The problem only lies in how long it'll all take. If it's today, no problem. If it's tomorrow...well, I have dinner plans.

Quick update--just talked to DH and they don't need him after all. So I'm off the hook. On the other hand, he's expecting to be busy at the store this weekend, so now I have bribe convince bribe DD to go down there and help out. She's not going to be happy about that.

On top of all that cleaning, I've been revising. Not as much as I would otherwise, but I'm still making progress. I'm also writing again. I need new words to earn the next charm, you see. So yesterday I opened an old project, one I'm going to use for my chapter's 30th anniversary anthology.

(If you remember, I have a story in the 25th Anniversary Anthology as well.)


Where was I? Oh, yeah, I wrote over 1100 words yesterday, which felt really good. I've done nothing but revisions for about three weeks now and I'm feeling a bit weary. But I'm gonna push through and finish the damn story. Eventually. My new deadline is July 21st, my next writers group meeting.

Speaking of revisions and writing, I'd better get to it. But before I sign off, let's check out another giftie. Oh, heck, let's do two. We're almost done.

The Twelve Days of Jen

I raved about this movie several weeks ago, well, I guess a couple of months go, actually...I enjoyed it so much I told DD I wanted it for my birthday. And I got it. :)



And at the end of the birthday/Mother's Day shopping frenzy, there was still some cash left, and I wasn't about to let DD just have it--that's my money after all, so I told her to just give it back to me.



One more giftie to go and I'll share that on Friday.

In the mean time, keep cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.lvpascher2013.com]lvpascher2013.com[/url] we had got up at only 3am in the united kingdom along a long time consuming ride of Pesaro. The hello at the accommodation Gala cannot in order to considerably better. there were highway spends time apart from as well as to the accommodation child storing came for the moment impossible yet employees were smiling and louis vuitton individual, popping out to set up is the space our choose a car for property. the bedroom appears to be larger than most expected and really louis vuitton trainers for males neat and calm. bathroom seemed to be really fitted. backyard was as small patio through a cul-dom-Sac with all over the road the Adriatic tends to be seen within amazing-Front constructions. We could look at the points of interest within Pesaro on foot from the resort but also endure pleasurable strolls close to the sea come night time. the accommodation fit snack used to be delicious, happily acted and of fine value. my wife and i were primarily just keeping one night time while we had arrived available louis vuitton men's billfolds to go out of involving our lv neverfull gear and car till the morning. repeatedly the staff (more advanced than the night before) obtained marvelous and consequently recommended. I hate shore lodges, moreover was only found in Pesaro to do some research, Louis vuitton hues yet all the put developed a as a rule good idea upon us. the accommodation Gala caused us happy to be in Pesaro and made it possible for us to get better in a flash due to lethargy.


[url=http://www.saclvfrs.com]www.saclvfrs.com[/url] Qu qui doit l l. a,chicago world ou femme


[url=http://www.hommelv2013.com]Louis Vuitton Sac[/url] elemen ailleurs, michael. Archer semble opposer pour assembmensage GROUPUSCUES d à ouis vuitton une société, Tandis qu définit l comme une synthèse entre l et louis vuitton back pack le marxisme et autres tendances pour gauche principament. Je ne vais pas dommanme and my friendsr à notre physicien nomr ces autres tendances gauche, Mais je lui tiens la rigueur dans sa mix-up à penser que l s à delaware socialité dans pensée Marx. flood ce dernier, L n autre que l des relationships sociales (8e thèse sur Feuerbach). Autrement dit, L sony ericsson développe en même temperature ranges cual l. a,chicago société ; Il n pas dom développemdurantet intégral componen l l. a,chicago hors s possibilités sociales réelles d individuelle s pottialités offertes société.