Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2017 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I only drank a little...

Tea, that is. :) Normally, I get up and make my bowl of oatmeal *and* a large mug of plantation mint tea. This morning, only oatmeal at first. The tea came later and even then I only drank half of it.

I can explain. It was warm in the house. It's also warmish outside. So the need to warm up from the inside out was not there. Though I did still put on a long sleeve shirt this morning. (It still gets too cold for me in my office.)

Supposedly, the next few days are supposed to be hotter than normal--close to the 90s. And the winds are blowing, which means lots of dirt. But since it will be hot, the A/C will be on and there will be less dirt because I won't have the windows open.

The writing is going well. Slow, but well. I'm trying to edit/revise as I go. And since I only write 250 words a weekday, that's easy to keep up with and I can usually double my word count.

Yesterday, I spent about an hour on YouTube...

See, in this new book my hero and heroine dance, and I needed some inspiration and help on describing the moment. So I called up my fond memories of watching Indy race car driver Helio Castreneves on Dancing With the Stars many years ago. So I went to YouTube and found the vids of Helio and his dance partner Julianne Hough and their many dances. I don't normally watch reality shows like that, but I think one of my kids was watching it, and Helio and Julianne--they had some sort of connection--sucked me in. (That is the only season of that I ever watched, by the way.)

Anyway, it worked well enough. I was able to write the scene, though it took a really long time. I'm talking a couple of hours (not including the one on YouTube) to write five short paragraphs--about 600 words all told. But I am happy with those words.

So I'm at work and the A/C has kicked on and I'm now ready for a full mug of hot tea.

Hope your week is going well so far.


2 comments:

Clover Autrey said...

That's funny. That was the first season of DWTS that I started watching and have been watching ever since.

Good going on the writing.

LunaZega said...

My dad was a huge fan of DWTS,something done of us could believe. When he was in the hospital, I'd go to his house to visit his dog and watched DWTS. I got hooked and have watched it ever since. I like to think Daddy is waltzing in heaven every time I watch it. :-)

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America