Friday, January 20, 2012

Gleefully plugging away...

Okay, so my title is a bit misleading...

I've been diligently plugging away at my current WIP for over a week now. It's the longest stretch I've done in quite some time and I'm fearful of losing my momentum by turning my attention to other things, even work.

Doing these revisions is a little like pulling teeth and yet exhilarating at the same time. Yeah, it can be tough to find the right words, set the right tone, or delete 10s or 100s of previously crafted words, but once it's done, it feels great.

But I've run into some questions. I'm worried that my scenes aren't doing what they're supposed to. But that's partly what CPs are for. We're getting together tomorrow. I'm going to ask for a bit brainstorming. In the meantime, I'm going to stay in the story. I'm going to keep doing the minor edits: missing words, misspelled words, transferring text from the old working document to the new one. Keep the story in my mind, let it percolate in the recesses when I'm busy doing other things like that pesky day job.

My current favorite show, Glee returned to the airwaves after it's semester break. And they started off the new semester with a bang! The first half of the episode had me in stitches and the second half in tears.

The primary male lead was perfectly cast, in my opinion. And episode after episode, I fall a little bit more in love with him myself. :) The primary female has a voice to die for and she pulls off every song she sings beautifully.

And tomorrow my first general meeting as head honcho of my writers group. Oh, boy!

2 comments:

C. A. Szarek said...

I am struggling myself...but...with NOT writing. I can't seem to get motivated and I am blowing at least 2 New Years' Resolutions. *sigh* I need to get back on the horse!

Jen FitzGerald said...

Take some of that emotion you were feeling on Saturday and put it in your writing. Whether on Love's Call or something else, it'll make the writing much richer!