Monday, February 7, 2011

I Survived the Super Bowl

No, I didn't "go to the Super Bowl". Not as a football fan at any rate. But I was there working a concession stand. I think the Packers won, but I'm really not sure and could care less.

I came away from the event with a nice long-sleeved polo shirt with Super Bowl logo (now stained with burger grease), a ball cap (given to my son), and six collectors cups (that I had to pay $7 a pop for).

The beginning of the day was crazy and poorly planned, but I will be forever grateful to whomever planned a route free of fan traffic for the buses that carted the stadium workers back to the other local venue some six miles down the highway where all stadium workers were required to park their cars. I was able to get home within an hour of leaving the stadium. And they had enough buses so there was no waiting!!

No comments: