Monday, August 9, 2010

Caffeine

Wow, I didn't realize how little caffeine I'm actually ingesting these days. Not that I'm complaining as I made the decision to do so at the beginning of the year. There are occasions when I do drink regular iced tea, say out at a restaurant. I didn't turn into a complete stick-in-the mud about it, but I try to avoid--yes, I did give up chocolate for the most part. Every once in a while I'll have mint-chip ice cream or the cheesecake from Olive Garden that has the chocolate crust (yummy...).

But today, my co-worker brought me back a drink from QT while he was out and about. He swears he got what I asked for, which is fine, but what came out of the machine wasn't what I wanted...

I wanted peach or raspberry flavored (regular) iced tea (yes, caffeinated). What I got was peach flavored green or white tea, which apparently is VERY caffeinated. Three drinks in, I had a headache coming on. Wow. I finally dumped that out and opted for water. Hopefully, the headache will dissipate before drugs are needed.

I never really thought caffeine affected me that much--I mean it never kept me awake at night or anything. Just goes to show that you never know!

Now if could just give up the sugar.

2 comments:

mtnchild said...

To help with your sugar craving, eat dill pickles. Don't know how it works, but it does!

You can buy Lipton Green Tea that is naturally decaffeinated. I drink a lot of green tea and with honey - I love it!

But then again, I buy and make my own tea. I wish I could get Green Tea leaves instead of in little bags. Too much packaging!

Love you,
Mom

Regina Richards said...

Congrats on cutting out most of the caffeine. Not easy. And sugar, for me anyway, is even harder. I'll have to try that dill pickle idea.