Friday, January 15, 2010

Contest entries, critiques, and edits, oh my...

Five contest entries, one critique, and one short story in edit mode.

Normally, I love to judge contest entries and critique others' work. But I've got a distraction that I'm having fun with and am finding it hard to put aside to do this other stuff I've committed to. (The edits are actually going well, and I got in a lot of extra time this morning, so I'm not complaining.)

I've actually been fairly productive at work even with the distraction. I really just need to put my mind to getting those entries read and judged. Just set aside an hour or two a day for the next however-many days to devote to it and git 'em done.

But now it's the weekend and I'll be able to continue my Robin Hood rewatch, too...

I really need to be a housewife again!

3 comments:

mtnchild said...

The new term is "Homemaker"!! LOL I can't believe you are that old fashioned - housewife, hmmm.

What would you do all day if you were just a "Homemaker"? Sew? Bake bread? Can veggies?

Love you,
Mom

Jen FitzGerald said...

Yes, I'm that old-fashioned.

And yes, I would sew, bake, keep my house clean, write, play with my Web sites, actually cook meals for my family...maybe take on a daycare baby or two.

L.A. Mitchell said...

I've been kinda like that, too, Jen. I'm having an easier time getting to the GH manus than the GE ones because I can toss them in my bag and take them with me. I *really* need to get on those GE ones, though :)