Friday, July 24, 2009

Writing, writing, and more writing...

As most of you regular readers--all two of you--know, my husband gave me a laptop for my birthday for my writing. (Then he proceeded to borrow it for two whole weeks while he was manning the fireworks stand, but that's a whole 'nother issue.)

Anyhow, I recently joined a writer's workshop Yahoo group. My chapter mate, Candy Havens, a lovely and very giving woman, owns/runs this loop offering free online writers workshops to anyone who joins.

So I joined thinking that my hubby gave me this laptop for writing, so the least I should do is get something published and earn back the cost of the laptop--which really wasn't that much, but still--for one birthday gift?? This thing is a marvel, though, and I do love it. Yes, I'm posting this from home, from my writing space, which happens to be my bed for the time being.

Back to the writing--I joined this loop and Candy started a new program whereby she posts a random number of new words to be written or pages to be edited for the day.

Yesterday's new word count was 3265--for writers that's about thirteen pages, double spaced. For me that's a huge amount...but I did it!!! Despite not getting much writing done at all yesterday morning, mornings being my primary writing time, and taking a three and half hour detour last evening to my mother-in-law's house to welcome home both my brother's-in-law who've been away for various reasons, I managed to crank them out.

I may have to do quite a bit of revision, but at least I have something to work with--and I'm 3200 words closer to finishing this story. YAY!!

3 comments:

L.A. Mitchell said...

Jen...that's fantastic!! Keep going, girl. I hope you're writing as I'm typing this :)

mtnchild said...

You go Girl!!! I want to be able to read another of your great stories!!

Mom

K.M. Saint James said...

I concur! Cool beans! Way to get it done. BTW: what are you working on?