Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2017 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Friday, July 24, 2009

Writing, writing, and more writing...

As most of you regular readers--all two of you--know, my husband gave me a laptop for my birthday for my writing. (Then he proceeded to borrow it for two whole weeks while he was manning the fireworks stand, but that's a whole 'nother issue.)

Anyhow, I recently joined a writer's workshop Yahoo group. My chapter mate, Candy Havens, a lovely and very giving woman, owns/runs this loop offering free online writers workshops to anyone who joins.

So I joined thinking that my hubby gave me this laptop for writing, so the least I should do is get something published and earn back the cost of the laptop--which really wasn't that much, but still--for one birthday gift?? This thing is a marvel, though, and I do love it. Yes, I'm posting this from home, from my writing space, which happens to be my bed for the time being.

Back to the writing--I joined this loop and Candy started a new program whereby she posts a random number of new words to be written or pages to be edited for the day.

Yesterday's new word count was 3265--for writers that's about thirteen pages, double spaced. For me that's a huge amount...but I did it!!! Despite not getting much writing done at all yesterday morning, mornings being my primary writing time, and taking a three and half hour detour last evening to my mother-in-law's house to welcome home both my brother's-in-law who've been away for various reasons, I managed to crank them out.

I may have to do quite a bit of revision, but at least I have something to work with--and I'm 3200 words closer to finishing this story. YAY!!

3 comments:

L.A. Mitchell said...

Jen...that's fantastic!! Keep going, girl. I hope you're writing as I'm typing this :)

mtnchild said...

You go Girl!!! I want to be able to read another of your great stories!!

Mom

Sandra Ferguson said...

I concur! Cool beans! Way to get it done. BTW: what are you working on?

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America