Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Carmen

My daughter and I went to Bass Hall (Fort Worth's cultural center) and saw the opera Carmen this past Saturday. (We gave her a pair of tickets for her birthday.)

It was interesting. I enjoyed it for the most part--other than that I inadvertently purchased tickets for the 8PM show rather than the matinee, so I was tired. And the seats I purchased stunk. I've been trying different seating sections. So this time 'round, I chose balcony seats. Seats 1 & 2 on the highest level. The height part wasn't the problem, but being so far forward was--we had to lean out to see anything that was happening on the right side of the stage.

Last year, we went to see the ballet Dracula at Bass Hall. Our seats were in the center of the mezzanine level. Not bad, but kinda far back. I have an inkling now of where I'd like to try next.

So I've seen opera, ballet, and two musicals (South Pacific and Chicago). Last thing for me to try is the symphony. I think I'll enjoy that immensely. We'll see if my daughter's game for that next time round.

No comments: