Monday, February 9, 2009

I guess it's time to post...

It's been nine days. But I hate to post unless I have something worthwhile to say or share...and at this point in time, I really have neither.

On the other hand, this is my little piece of the Internet, as much as it can be. So...


I bought Wii Fit yesterday and the whole family took turns trying it out. For @ $100 we got five memberships to the Wii Fit Home Gym.

I discovered I weigh more that I thought, although I did realize I needed to lose some weight. I know I'm woefully out of shape. I have no stamina and can barely make a trip to the grocery store without being exhausted for the rest of the day. I know that's really bad. I know.

I sit all day at work, I sit at home. I know.

Last week, my oldest daughter and I decided to start walking the dogs in the mornings. Today was supposed to be our first day, but it was raining so we postponed till tomorrow.

The Wii Fit disc has Yoga, Strength Training, Aerobics, and Balance Games (I really like the Ski Jump!). I'm going to get in shape, slowly but surely. I've committed to losing three pounds over the course of the next two weeks. To that end, I'm going to give up my orange drinks from McDonald's and rootbeer from Jack in the Box--my two primary indulgences during the work week. Not to mention the bagel breakfast sandwiches that come with those orange drinks three mornings a week.


So now you know. I've put it out there for accountability purposes.

Wish me luck...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?