Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a brand new year...

After brunch with a girlfriend, I spent the day alone...a nice little surprise,and I enjoyed it greatly. I generally don't make resolutions anymore, but I wanted to get the new year started with a clean house and yard.

So I alternately read and cleaned my house--I don't have the energy or stamina to go on a full-scale rampage any longer so I have to work then rest, work then rest, etc...

My main bathroom almost as clean as I can get it. It needs a little more scrubbing--I have a green tile floor and the grout is a lot stained and needs some TLC, but that was beyond me yesterday. Not that I didn't scrub and mop the floor, 'cause I did, but the grout needs some extensive elbow grease.

My kitchen, hallway, and living room was swept throughout the day. A (small) section of my backyard was raked and the leaves bagged for pickup today. And the patio, which could have won a Redneck-of-the-year contest, was tidied. I even did a few loads of laundry.

A another week's worth of days like yesterday would be a lovely way to get my new year started on the right foot.

My goals for 2009 include getting my kitchen and living room finished, and getting grass rather than weeds to grow in my backyard. On the writing front, I'd really like to finish another manuscript.

What are your goals for 2009?

2 comments:

mtnchild said...

Watch that Redneck thing . . . LOL.

Glad you had some time to yourself. It is nice when it happens, and you can relax when you need to and no one is the wiser.

I'd love to straighten up the house, but I end up just moving things from spot to spot. Just think of all the stuff I could have if I had a bigger house! Nooo, but there would be lots of storage to keep the craft things in, and a separate room for all those storage cupboards, I guess that's a goal for 2009 - to get the crafts organized.

Maybe you need to scrape out the grout and replace it? A bit of work, but worth it.

Love you,
Mom

L.A. Mitchell said...

It sounds ambitious to me, Jen. All I did the past few days was take down Christmas decorations. Not nearly as much fun as putting them up :(