Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2017 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Monday, November 10, 2008

Writers Retreat

What a wonderful weekend I had out at Deer Lake Cabins in eastern Texas. My local RWA chapter held their annual Writers Roundup there.

The weather was gorgeous--70s during the day with cooler morning and evening temps, and crisp over-night temps.

These cabins, which are not cabins at all, but houses on a small lake, were stocked with all the basics but food.

The leaves were all sorts of rich fabulous fall colors, the company was fantabulous, the workshops fun and informative.

I came home reinvigorated to write. I even tried something new--our presenter Candy Havens called it a Treasure Map, but most would call it a collage. So I created a treasure map for my book--I was limited though because the bulk of my story takes place in 1942. There was only one magazine that had anythings whatsoever to do with the 1940s. I'll have to add a few more things now that I'm home with access to a PC and the Internet.

Overall a wonderful break.

3 comments:

mtnchild said...

We all need an inspirational kick now and again, huh? Glad you had fun.

Love,
Mom

L.A. Mitchell said...

Sounds like a great time :) Hope your inspiration lasts a long time.

Jen FitzGerald said...

Thanks for visiting, gals.

I hope my inspiration lasts a long time, too.

Jen

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America