Thursday, June 26, 2008

Road trip...

Well, with the rising cost of gas prices, I'm going to be driving all over hell and half-acre... I mean, Texas, today. From Fort Worth to Athens, then on down to the fireworks stand in Leroy, I will have traversed the heart of Texas in 100 degree heat. My new car has great A/C and cruise control. Plus I can plug my iPod in and listen to my current audio book in surround sound. To be honest, it beats being in the office right now. As long as I have something to drink (and enough of it to last the entire trip) I'm good to go. I could even forgo the iPod and just listen to the silence if necessary. (There's always people and noise in my house, that silence is always a treat.)

So what's your favorite road trip?

2 comments:

L.A. Mitchell said...

Safe travels, my dear :)

Jen FitzGerald said...

Thanks, L.A. ~

It was a good trip. There are some quite quaint small towns.

Jen