Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2017 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Friday, May 23, 2008

Hot, hot, hot...

Summer has hit Texas four weeks early.

We even had a power outage for about three minutes at around 4:50 this afternoon - maybe as everyone's programmed air conditioners kicked on.

Gas prices have hit the $3.88 mark, give or take, in my neck of the woods. That cost varies by location and brand. QT and RaceTrac are by far the cheapest gas most of the time.

I got my renewal notice from my electric company the other day. So I called to see what my rate was going to increase to if I stayed. The Texas electrical industry, as far as consumers are concerned, is deregulated. So the guy on the other end said my new rate was going to be 16.3¢ per kilowatt hour. I told him I was going to call around. I've been paying 12.9¢ for the past year.

So I checked online - there's a web site that compared electric company rates here in Texas. So I found 11.8¢ through September 22nd, then the rate will increase to 13.3¢. I can live with *that* increase, but I was going to be gosh-darned if I was going to pay 16.3.

So what are costs like where you live?

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America