Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday

My middle child/youngest daughter celebrated her 18th birthday yesterday. We ate at Olive Garden, visited Barnes & Noble, the mall, and then went home and played some Rock Band with the new guitar we bought.

We had a lot of fun hanging out together and she loved all her presents. And she'll be getting her driver's license in the next couple of weeks. Yay! Then she can start driving me around.

Now two of my children are legal adults. Sigh... One more to go. We've got six more years for that. Now, if the little peeps would just spread their wings and fly out on their own.

I think I'd rather deal with messy diapers, ear aches, and the terrible twos than the teenager angst/stress we've been dealing with the last 6-7 years. Ah, well, all a part of growing up, I guess - even for moms.

1 comment:

L.A. Mitchell said...

Hard to imagine when you're in the throwes of those ear aches, though.

I hope her birthday was special :)