Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Cheer

I'm feeling a little over-burdened today. Work has been crazy as we've been implementing new features on a major client's Web site. Of course, getting calls as people try to navigate through the new system. For some learned people with major degrees, they can be quite dumb.

Needless to say, I'm not feeling the Christmas cheer right now. I've got a huge tingly knot in my left shoulder - a tell tale sign of major stress...

A useless path to go down, but I sure do wish I didn't have to work. Maybe someday that'll be true, and it'll coincide with no longer having children in the house. And then I can focus and concentrate on whatever I want. Whether that be reading or writing and or anything else.

I remember the days when my son was a toddler. The quiet afternoons when his sisters were in school and he napped - okay, actually he watched a movie (Disney's Winnie the Pooh) and I napped. When my husband worked outside the home. And I had very little responsibility save the kids and the house.

Ah, well... maybe someday I'll have the house to myself again during the day. But not anytime in the very near future. Not unless I start selling a lot of books. One can dream... er, write. Yeah, in all my spare time.


No comments: