Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Christmas Shopping

So... who's going to brave the crowds on Black Friday to get some good deals? We're considering it. Check out www.blackfriday.info for the ads. If we can save enough money to make it worth our while, we'll probably go... Argh. That means getting up in the wee smalls. And braving the coldest cold front to hit North Texas.

The good thing is that we can pay cash this year. No increasing our credit card debt to get through Christmas this year. Yeah, what a blessing.

Of course, I don't know what I want. Got the kids covered, got my husband covered, but what is it that I want? Things I'm unlikely to get, really and truly. For my husband and oldest child to attend church, for our family to be un-dysfunctional, to be out of debt, for every member of my family to accept Christ and have a true walk with Him. Well, money can't buy those things, but hopefully prayer will pave the way.

As a side note, Helio Castroneves made the finals of Dancing With the Stars (see blog below for more info).

Here's wishing a blessing filled Thanksgiving to you and yours...

No comments: