Monday, October 22, 2007

Words...

As a reader, writer, wife, mother, listener to music, & child of God I know that words, whether spoken, written, or sung, are one of the most powerful things in the world.

They can uplift or tear down and destroy. They can create emotion from comedy and hope to sadness, anger, or despair.

As a reader, I love words that elicit happiness and provide laughter. As a writer, I want to be able to conjure up deeply felt emotions in others.

As individuals, we need to ensure that the words we speak (or write in letters and emails) are used appropriately, and convey the message we mean to convey. Especially in anger should we carefully choose the words we use so that, later when the dust settles, we do not regret the words we chose when our emotions were running on high.

As a woman of faith, the words I choose should be pleasing to God; whether chosen to encourage, inform, discipline, or correct, they should always be spoken with love. This is almost always easier said than done. I'm only human and I don't always remember to speak with love. Especially when my children have irritated my last nerve.

There is one Word that trumps all others... Jesus and the Bible. That's four words, you might think, but John 1:1 says:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." So they could be considered one and the same. The Bible is the inspired WORD of God, and is all about Jesus, beginning to end. It's all about Jesus, the name above all names.

No comments: