Thursday, September 27, 2007

A time for nothing...?

I've been contemplating giving up all my extra-curricular activities to concentrate on my family. I'm almost completely free of PTA stuff. I am an AWANA Cubbies leader and, while I get a lot of satisfaction out of working with the kids, the frustration that comes with our particular situation (lack of enough volunteers) is wearing on me. After that is my formal writing activities - being president of my local RWA chapter. I don't even know if my calling really is writing. I'm struggling to put a coherent plot line together with appropriate goals, motivations, and conflicts. But I don't know if that's because I got so much else on my brain.

I'm ready to just focus on my family - my daughter is prepping for college, and there's a lot of things to do there; my son is in middle school and I want to keep him protected as long and as reasonably as possibly. This'll require my attention. My brother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and my dad with emphysema. My sister's marriage is struggling. As you can see there are a lot of situations requiring a lot of attention and prayer.

I think too many people are too busy with too many things and I'm tired of being one of them. I'm ready to get back to basics: husband, children, and home.

No comments: